Saturday, January 30, 2010

Wayne Thiebaud

Hello, hello! I thought I would share one of my favorite artist with you.(just one for now :) Wayne Thiebaud is a pop artist who I came across a few years ago. I believe the first time I saw his work was at a museum in Washington D.C., but don't quote me on that. I think he uses interesting subjects- many sweet! I think what most attracts me to his painting style is the color usage and softness. Although the paintings are not extremely detailed or crisp, many of them have a realistic feel to them. He also uses a mix of colors (many different colors) next to each other that you may not naturally see in real-life, but he makes it work and it makes his subjects pop. His use of shadows also bring a liveliness to his paintings. Here are some of my favorite paintings of his:



No comments:

Post a Comment