Saturday, June 5, 2010

Tsk tsk.

Justttt saw this commercial and immediately thought of Christo and Jeanne-Claude's Gates. Near the end of the commercial they flash "The artists Christo and Jeanne-Claude have no direct or indirect affiliation or involvement with AT&T."  ....Yes the commercial is effective and clearly conveys their message but they also CLEARLY stole the idea from The Gates whether it was intentional or not.  I decided to Google it and found the commercial on youtube...the first video I found was missing the caption about Christo and Jeanne-Claude - which made me think I had been hallucinating.  I decided to do a general Google search and found countless articles claiming AT&T for ripping off of "The Gates"....Shame on you BBDO.

Here is a video of the commercial with the "disclaimer" at the end.


Here are Christo and Jeanne-Claude's "The Gates":

No comments:

Post a Comment