Tuesday, January 4, 2011

11 for 2011.

I've never really done this whole "resolution thang", it's not that I don't like goals - my life is full of goals and I definitely consider myself a driven person.  It is just something I have never thought to do, but I have been inspired to do so this year!  Here's to you 2011!

My 11 Resolutions for 2011 (in no particular order)

1. I would like to become aware of how long design projects take me to work on, this will help me better gauge my time in future freelance and work projects.
2. Get my hair cut every other month or at least every 2 months.
3. Continue my design blog (Creative Exploration) – post on it more consistently, and post one of my own designs (not including my cards or photography) each month.  My blog has been a wonderful way for me to explore the creative world more and keep the things that spark my interest in this “online journal”.  I would like to do more designing of my own in my free-time (ha!) and I feel like this is one way I can do that.
4. Improve my texting and instant messaging - making sure I don't have type dyslexia or run-on words ;) If you know me, you will be very excited for this!
5. Donate the bags of clothes that are too big and have been sitting around for over a year now.  It would be awesome if I also got rid of my prom dresses that are collecting dust in my closet as well!
6. Try cooking or baking a new recipe every month.
7. Work out at least once a week either at home or at the gym.  This may not seem like a big deal, but some weeks I am super motivated and work out a few days and other times it is a few weeks in-between!
8. Read at least 2 books by 2012.  Being that I am not a “reader” this is not quite a challenge, but it is also something I probably wouldn’t do if I did not set a goal to do it.  I would like to do more things that get me away from the glowing screen 24x7, and reading seems like a healthy way to do so.
9. Try one new kind of wine each month.
10. Work on updating my website (www.meganschrier.com)! Eeek, it’s in writing now!
11. I would like to make and effort to not to make people a priority in my life if I am not one in theirs and focus more on the people who do care about me or care to spend time with me.  Along the same lines, I would also like to expand the group of people I spend time with and possibly meet some new people.  Just like I learned in Girl Scouts: “Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver, and the other, gold.”


 If you are viewing my blog on Facebook, make sure to check out my blog HERE.



No comments:

Post a Comment