Monday, January 10, 2011

Art Alive.

I stumbled this video a while ago.  The song is called "70 Million" by a band called Hold Your Horses.  From what I have read, I believe they are french but perform some/all of their music in English. This isn't the kind of music I would normally listen to, but it isn't half bad.  The real reason I am sharing this is because I think their approach to the video is super-creative.  Anyone who has taken art history, or has been to a museum, or is cultured in art at all would recognize many well-known paintings come to life in this music video.  Here are a few screen-grabs:
Bottecelli

Klimt

Magritte

Mondrian

VanGogh

Warhol


And HERE is the video:



 If you are viewing my post on Facebook, make sure to check out my blog HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment