Monday, January 31, 2011

Honeysuckle 2011.

If you haven't heard already, you are hearing it now: "Honeysuckle" has been declared by Pantone as the color of 2011.  It is a saturated, light, coralish pink.  Surprised?  I am - when I heard "Honeysuckle", I immediately thought yellow.  I haven't seen many, if any, pink Honeysuckles in my lifetime.  However it is a "cute" color in my opinion.  I am not overly thrilled about it to be honest, nor do I think it is a very "new-age" color.  I do think that it depends on the colors it is paired with and how it is used that will make it "THE color of 2011".  iStock Photo has also acknowledge this color declaration in an article about Pantone's decision and also showing other various uses/reactions and designs regarding "Honeysuckle".  I decided as my design for January per my 11 for 2011 list that I would use this new color in a background design for 2011.  I thought it would be appropriate for the start of this new year and a great warm-up as I get my designs going each month of this year.  I have thought of some other great design ideas, one of which being that I am going to make a wallpaper calendar design at least one month this year and submit it to Smashing Magazine.  For this design I decided to use my pen tablet in which has not been feeling enough love lately ;)


...having issues getting a link to download to full size in blogger :/ - so if you know how to do so, please share ;) or message me and I can send you one if you want to use it as your background :)

No comments:

Post a Comment