Monday, February 28, 2011

And, here it is...

I may or may not have ever mentioned before that I took on my college yearbook as one of my independent studies, senior year of college.  LONG, long story short, my blood, sweat and tears went into this - ok...maybe not those three things but A LOT of me did go into this book.  It isn't perfect, some didn't come out as I had hoped, but you live and learn (Ya know - some pixelated images...distorted photos...eh).  Also, being that the creation of the book from beginning to print took 2 years...some of the earlier designs I didn't care for as much near the end.  For the most part though - I was excited to have physically, in print, something I created 90% of in my hands.....and for hundreds of students I graduated with to also have it.  We had the book printed by Jostens and attended one of their yearbook cover conventions where one of their designers created our cover from our ideas (which is why, even though it isn't terrible, I wouldn't have chose that particular font for the cover, nor aligned it how they did in particular - but I'm over it  :)  I was excited for the black, matte, linen cover with full-color, gloss images that we (somehow?) got them to approve in the budget! Also, this was the first all-color book for the university AND was the LAST yearbook the university approved in their budget!  All in all, I think it looks great!  Most of the photography was from my Professor/Photographer Joseph Sharp.  I also had some help from a fellow student/friend/designer/editor Kimberly Sing.  Here are some bits and pieces from the book for you to check out.  (If you are a pictured here and do not want to be, let me know and I will take it down).









No comments:

Post a Comment