Thursday, February 10, 2011

Pistachio Crusted Pork Tenderloin



The other weekend I bought a Black and Decker 2-in-1 Food Processor and Blender with a gift card I received for Christmas for Macy*s!  I was so excited to use it, but didn't know what to make!  I had pork tenderloin in my fridge and pistachios in my cabinet - so VOILA - Pistachio Crusted Pork Tenderloin.  Bonus was that I could chop the pistachios with my new food processor!  This is my adapted RecipeQuick Pistachio Crusted Roasted Pork Tenderloin recipe:

Ingredients
3/4 cup shelled pistachios
1 lb pork tenderloin
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1/2 cup heavy cream


Directions 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place pistachios in a food processor and blend until finely chopped. Season pork with salt and pepper. Place pistachios in a shallow baking dish. Roll the pork in the pistachios to coat, pressing lightly to adhere. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add pork and cook, turning frequently, until pistachios are lightly browned. Transfer pork to a tinfoil lined baking sheet. Add the cream and wrap the pistachio covered pork loin in tinfoil. Bake pork about 45 minutes until cooked through. Transfer pork to a cutting board and let stand 5 minutes before slicing and serving with pan sauce.

This recipe was also made as my "new recipe of the month" which was a part of my list of 11 resolutions for 2011. I have never made this kind of pork before, but I was very pleased and WILL be making it again. It was so juicy, the cream kept it moist while baking and it mixed so well with the nutty flavor of the pistachios!
Here are photos from the proccess!








No comments:

Post a Comment