Friday, February 12, 2010

Dale Chihuly


Dale Chihuly is an artist that I came a across a few years when I was in Washington D.C. with my friend MW. We went to the Botanical Gardens (very cool). In a pond while we were walking through was this piece of art by Chihuly:


and then later that summer while at the National Liberty Museum in Philadelphia, we saw this piece:


After seeing these pieces in two major cities of the US, we both expressed our attraction to his artwork. While at the National Liberty Museum, we had the chance to sit and watch a video in a small exhibit they had of Chihuly plates and vases. It really is a neat and colorful art. He does all kinds of awesome art. I am excited to see more of his work some day. My Aunt just mentioned to me that he has an exhibit in Columbus, OH at the Franklin Conservatory. It turns out there are a series of 3 exhibits in 3 separate locations over the next year, all of which are in Columbus. Maybe I can make it to one of them :) ...That would be cool! Here is more information about where you can find his installations and exhibits. Here are 2 of many of his other that I like (it is just impossible to show all the ones I like):



No comments:

Post a Comment