Thursday, February 18, 2010

Jeff Koons



I would like to share with you an artist named Jeff Koons. I do not know too much about him, but he is a sculpture artist of sorts. He doesn't always have his hands on all the art he "creates", but he is the idea behind all of it. I am not a fan of all of his work...because some of it is that kind of art where you question why it is art. However, last fall at a trip to the MET in NYC with my friend MP, we saw a Jeff Koons exhibit on the rooftop gardens and I really enjoyed his works there. It was part of a series of metallic balloon animal-looking sculptures. Here are the three we saw that day:




I would love to see more of these. I really love them a lot. I love their larger-than life feel and the colors. The metallic feel is awesome, it reflects the surroundings which really adds to the art. A cool thing about Jeff Koons art is how it is usually random, nontraditional object put in tradition or realistic surroundings which makes it pop, even when in a modern setting, his art stands out. Here are some more to feast your eyes on that I found online:



No comments:

Post a Comment